Southem California Lacrosse Association (SCLA)
And SFV Lacrosse
Retum to Play Protocols
Notice: Protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve, or as directed by the LACDPH.
- Each player/family must complete a self-prescreening questionnaire regarding COVID symptoms.
- Only players who have no symptoms, are not currently under isolation or quarantine orders, and have no contact to a known or suspected COVID-19 case in the last 14 days, can participate for that day.
MPORTANT Youth athletes, parents and coaches who are sick from COVID-19 may not attend a practice or training until they are cleared for release from isolation according to CDC guidelines and cleared to return by a healthcare provider.
Any staff or youth athlete exposed to a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 may not attend the program.
Safety / Specifics
- Players may bring their own equipment, or they may use equipment provided by SFV Lacrosse (sticks, balls, cones and goals). Equipment will stay with the player for the duration of the session or practice. Players are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment after each session and prior to each session.
- All coaches, support staff, family members, observers, and visitors are required to wear an appropriate face mask that covers the nose and the mouth at all times. This applies to all adults and to children 2 years of age and older. Masks with one-way valves must not be used. Individuals who have been instructed not to wear a mask by their medical provider must wear a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge, to be in compliance with State directives, as long as their condition permits it.
- All participants, including players and coaches, are required to wear an appropriate face mask that covers the nose and the mouth at all times during practice, conditioning, play and competition, even during heavy exertion as tolerated to protect the safety of all participants. Exceptions to wearing a face mask are when the face mask may become a hazard, while eating/drinking, or when engaging in solo physical exertion (such as jogging by oneself , alone). Participants must wear a face mask at all times when not engaged in practice, conditioning, or in play, including when on the sidelines during competitions.
- We ask the face covering your player wears is washed in between sessions.
- When players arrive, they will place their backpack/player gear at designated cones placed six feet apart from each other.
- During instructions of drills/activities when players are standing and listening to instructor/coach, players will remain socially distanced at least six feet apart.
- During breaks players must wear a mask. If any difficulty in breathing is noted, they should change their mask or face covering if it becomes wet and sticks to the player's face and obstructs breathing. Masks that restrict airflow under heavy exertion (such as N-95 masks) are not advised for exercise.
- We will suspend drinking fountains and require players to bring their own reusable water bottles labeled with their name.
- Parents watching from field sidelines must remain social distanced from other parents, at least six feet apart.
- Parents must clean and disinfect equipment after each session, practice, or game.
- Please do NOT carpool to games or practices with people outside of your immediate household.
1. All parents/guardians must always wear face masks/coverings and social distance at least 6 feet from lacrosse activities, and when picking up a player.
Player/Parent Questionnaire — please review prior to each practice or game day
Does your child or anyone in your immediate household have any of the following symptoms?
Frequent cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell?
Has your child or someone they live with have been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Has your child been in contact with a person known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
[players who answer “yes” to ANY of these questions are not eligible to play]