We do not give permission or authorization to anyone including members and non members to COLLECT, COPY, or LIFT Bergey's Lacrosse data (including members information such as but not limited to- Names, email, DOB, Address, Pictures, Phone). It is ILLEGAL and UNETHICAL! If you are unsure about the above PLEASE CONTACT US.
Bergey's Lacrosse is the sole owner of the information collected on its sites and through other means.
Please be aware that our website and emails may contain links to other sites and that the BL is not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites. We encourage our users to take appropriate precautions when leaving our site and read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
We reserve the right to use photographs taking at events we host and attend as a program on our sites including social media unless otherwise requested by a member that their image not be used.
What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our web site and how is it used?
Bergey's Lacrosse collects membership information from our users at several different points throughout our web site and from other sources. This section describes these points of collection.
Other Collection Points
Sharing with third parties (Example- Tournament Registration) When a players who is registered and rostered to one of our teams when necessary for tournament registration we will pass on the necessary information (name, address, age) to the event management personnel. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of entering the person in the event.
Code of Conduct
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of this organization, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this Code of Conduct are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to our sport and community.
The following essential elements of the Code of Conduct must be followed:
1. Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
2. The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
3. The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
4. Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
5. Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and reinforce that respect to players/teammates.
6. Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the organization should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures, never on or about the field of play in view of spectators or participants.
7. Spectators involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.
8. Eligibility requirements, at all levels of the game, must be followed. Rules and requirements such as age, previous level of participation, team transfers, etc, have been established to encourage and maximize participation, fair play and to promote safety.
Violation of the Code of Conduct shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of such individual’s involvement in 'BL'.
We recognizes the importance of the Internet in shaping the public’s perception of our organization. We also recognizes the importance of our directors, sport coordinators, sport committee members, coaches, employees, and volunteers in leading and setting the tone of social media interactions in a manner that advances our Club's mission and goals.
All Members shall abide by the following guidelines when using social media:
Be positive and respectful, and always take the high road.
Do not post content that would harm BL or damage BL's reputation.
Use good judgment when posting comments on any official BL site and post.
Be smart about what you publish. Once something is posted, it exists online forever. Ask yourself, “would I want to see this published in the newspaper or posted on a billboard tomorrow or ten years from now?” If the answer is “no,” do not post.
Encourage others to engage in positive interactions on social media. If you are concerned about any BL Member’s use of social media, please bring your concerns to the attention of the Directors.
Violations of the Social Media Policy
The failure of any BL Member to adhere to this Social Media Policy shall be considered a violation of the BL Code of Conduct, and any BL Member who fails to adhere to this Social Media Policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of such individual’s involvement in BL.