Be A Storm Mentor (Junior Coach)
All Returning & New Mentors
Must Complete a Mentor Registration Form
Submit an ASHA Junior Coach Registration Email Receipt
to John McCormick, email@example.com
We invite hockey players who are 14 years and older to be a Mentor for the Southern Connecticut Storm Special Hockey Team. As a Mentor, you will assist the coaching staff in instructing our players how to skate and play hockey. The Storm players are ages five to young adult who have developmental disabilities. As a Storm Mentor you will have the opportunity to teach a child to skate, introduce hockey skills, make an impact on a player by being a role model and a friend as well as an Ambassador for the Storm Hockey program.
As a Mentor, we expect you to attend 50% of Storm practices during our season that is from October through March (usually a total of 26 sessions). Practice will be held at the Wonderland of Ice Rink, 123 Glenwood Avenue, Bridgeport, CT on Sunday afternoons usually from 3:30 to 4:30.
To become a Mentor:
1. Email the Mentor Coach to confirm your interest -
2. Complete and return via email - Mentor Registration form located on the Document section of this web site. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/3718/104014.pdf)
3. Register with ASHA at https://www.specialhockey.org/page/show/5887416-registration. Select Southern Connecticut Storm as your team and register as a Jr. Coach.
4. Forward the ASHA “Coach/Volunteer Registration Receipt” email to
5. Attend a New Mentor Orientation Meeting
- Mon, 9/25, 7:00-8:30 PM (Zoom)
- Thu, 9/28, 7:00-8:30 PM (Zoom)
- Sun, 10/8, 1:00-2:30 PM (In Person @ Wonderland)
1st Practice – Early October. You must complete the steps above and receive confirmation from the Mentor Coach to attend practice.
For further information, contact: