Crescenta Sports Association is a PONY-affiliated, all-volunteer, non-profit, youth baseball organization for children ages 3-14.
Since 1947, CSA has endeavored to provide a meaningful baseball experience for our youth.
Though proudly based in the foothills of La Crescenta-Glendale, the league has no residency requirements. It welcomes children of all skill levels, and, at the same time, provides opportunities for those who seek the advanced/tournament experience.
Some of our CSA youth continue their baseball journey at area high schools, such as Crescenta Valley High; one CSA alum, Trevor Bell, made it all the way to the mound for the Los Angeles Angels.
CSA is run by community volunteers, some of whom are former CSA players themselves, and all of whom are interested in seeing boys and girls play baseball, develop skills and confidence within their own ability groups, in such a manner that it is enjoyable.
CSA CODE OF ETHICS
It is the duty of all concerned with CSA athletics:
1. To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
2. To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
3. To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
4. To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
5. To establish a happy relationship between visitors and host.
6. To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
7. To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
8. To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by the players on a team.
9. To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the individual players.
10. To remember that an athletic contest is only a game-not a matter of life and death for a player, coach, school, officials, fan, community, state or nation.