Interested in officiating Boys Youth Lacrosse? This is a great opportunity to:
- Enjoy a different aspect of the sport
- Understand the game better
- Spend time on the field
- Help grow the game
- Make some money while you are at it! There is no cost to start. (see incentives below)
Have you ever complained about officials? Come be a part of the solution.
Your FIRST meeting will be an introductory meeting that will go over all that is required; how to get started; and the administration of your Arbiter and US Lacrosse accounts. What do you need to do?
1. Register at www.imlaxutah.org. Click the link below for the Boys Youth Officials Registration form.
->>> CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS AN OFFICIAL <<<-
2. Please RSVP to this
if you are planning on attending.
3. Bring your US Lacrosse membership number with you to the meeting (you can locate the number by logging into www.uslacrosse.org).
4. Bring something with which to take notes.
There will be a SECOND mandatory Rules meeting. The dates are below:
NEW Officials - for boys youth lacrosse
- Dues - No annual dues required to officiate for IMLAX.
- US Lacrosse Membership - IMLAX will provide a reimbursement for your US Lacrosse membership for the 2020 calendar year.
- Uniform Kit - IMLAX will provide a basic uniform kit for all new teen officials. ($100 value) Provided once all training and certifications are complete. This includes:
- Fox 40 whistle
- American Flag patch/US Lacrosse Flag patch
- NCAA/NFHS laminated stick check scorecard
- Penalty flags
- Tape measure
Lacrosse Officials Training Schedule: *SPRING 2021 Dates Coming Soon!*
- 2021 trainings will all be conducted via zoom.
- All training details including zoom links and information will be available here once confirmed
Spring 2020 Training Dates (for reference)
Existing High School officials:
Jan 25, 2020 - UHSAA training - will include youth training
Rules and Mechanics Training - High School-aged officials with officiating experience and any new officials after they have attended NEW OFFICIALS’ training:
Feb 22, 2020 - 8-11 am - IMLAX offices
March 7, 2020 - 8-11 am - IMLAX offices
NEW OFFICIALS regardless of age: (must attend first, then attend Rules and Mechanics training)
Jan 25, 2020 - 8-11 am - IMLAX offices
Feb 8, 2020 - 8-11 am - IMLAX offices (Date changed. Original date Feb 15, 2020)
Please make every effort to attend. Don’t wait. The earlier you get started on your requirements the better.