Stat Keeper and Spotter
- Retrieve official Stat sheet from Head Coach before game (return to coach after game)
- Confirm stat requirements and instructions from Head Coach before game
- Keep stats of Northview players on the official Stat sheet
- Keep score of both teams on the official Stat sheet
- Log penalties on the official Stat sheet. Note the player #, team, time and color of card.
- Assist Stat Keeper in identifying name and number of player involved for each statistic.
Stat Keeper and Spotter will also work together to do the following:
- Note the time on the clock when a player or coach is issued a yellow card (2-minute) or red card (4-minute)
- Monitor the elapsed playing time of each penalty. This is counted as two or four minutes on the game clock, as it runs and stops as appropriate.
- Notify the player, coach and officials when the penalty time has ended and the penalty has been released.
- If any player receives two yellow cards in the same game, the Stat Keeper will notify the officials immediately
- Before the start of the game, confirm with the officials about whether or not they will be keeping the time during time outs.
- If the Table will keep a 2 min time during the time out, Stat Keeper shall provide warnings to teams at 1:30, 1:45 and give final warning at 2 min.
- Alternate possession (“jump ball”) is determined at the coin toss.
- Place a cone on the score table in the side corner of the team who wins coin toss.
- Once it is used in the game, the cone moves to the other team’s side.
- Notify the referees of any abnormalities with the clock and/or any other obvious malfunctions and shall also call the booth (see cell #).
- Notify the referees when there are 2 minutes remaining in each half of the game (to the best of their ability)
- The referee will issue their own timeouts and notify the booth to stop the clock.