To promote a safe environment for our players and coaches, Founders Girls Lacrosse is working with US Center for SafeSport to encourage our directors and coaches to be SafeSport trained.
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit organization responsible for responding to and preventing emotional, physical, and sexual misconduct and abuse in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement. The Center also serves as an educational resource for sports organizations at all levels, from recreational sports organizations to professional leagues.
- The SafeSport Trained Core course fee is $20.
You can purchase this as a program in three steps:
: They have a master list of our town programs. Tell them of your affiliation with Founders, your town program name, and number of trainings you need. The codes are valid for 12-months.
- After emailing, you will receive unique purchasing instructions in 2-3 business days.
- Then, you’ll use your newly generated Enrollment Link & Key to create a set of instructions (using provided template) you can share with your coaches to take the training online.
If you have a coach who is already receiving this training as a member of a National Governing Body (NGB) for another sport, please put in a support ticket to: The Center Help Portal. Select “Members of USOPC-affiliated NGBs” and specify in the Description Text Box your town program name and that you’re a Founders Girls Lacrosse program.
We will provide reports to town programs listing coaches who are SafeSport trained. Being SafeSport trained is not a requirement for this spring season. We’re working with US Center for SafeSport to identify the right level of training and to build an easy-to-use system for coaches to access and for town programs to monitor training.
The following programs have curriculum credits in the system. Be sure to highlight this when you email US Center for SafeSport — and request a 30-day extension to the deadline listed below.
- Andover: 11 users (expires 3/23/22)
- Cambridge: 7 users (expires 3/24/22)
- Hamilton-Wenham: 20 users (expires 4/14/22)
- Milford: 10 users (expires 4/06/22)
- North Andover: 13 users (expires 3/23/22)
- Walpole: 10 users (expires 4/05/22)