WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of committing to have your child(ren) play lacrosse and or any other event sponsored by Warwick Youth lacrosse Club, Inc. (“WYL”) and or its coaches, the undersigned acknowledges, understands and agrees that:
1. COVID-19. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. WYL has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, WYL cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending WYL programs or events could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending WYL programs or events and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at WYL programs or events may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, WYL volunteers, and program participants and their families. Further, I attest that my child(ren) are healthy now and will be monitored by me, a parent, or a guardian before attending all WYL programs or events each day and I will hold him/her out if any such symptoms of COVID 19 arise. A health monitorization or check ensures and confirms that your child(ren) has not had these symptoms for 24 hours prior to each WYL practice program or event; fever, abnormal cough of any kind, shortness of breath, body aches, headaches, sore throat, or loss of taste & smell. I attest that my child(ren) have not knowingly been in close contact with anyone who is known to have or be symptomatic of the Covid-19 virus and has not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America, outside the US or been in contact or live with anyone who has been confirmed to have COIVD 19 in the last 14 days.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at any WYL program or events that WYL or participation WYL programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, my spouse or partners, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless WYL, its volunteers, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of WYL, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any WYL program.
2. Waiver and Release. The risk of injury from participating in lacrosse is significant and includes serious injury, including permanent disability, death, and other losses, both to me and my property. I understand that these injuries and losses might result not only from my actions, but the actions, inactions, or negligence of other persons. I agree that I am responsible for my child(ren) and own safety while participating in lacrosse. I AS A PARTICIPANT OR AS A GUARDIAN ON BEHALF OF MY CHILD, ASSUME ALL RISKS CONNECTED WITH ANY INJURY OR LOSS RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN LACROSSE, A LACROSSE EVENT OR OTHER EVENTS SPONSORED BY WYL. I am aware of the risks of participating in lacrosse with or without NOCSAE certified equipment (i.e. helmets, goggles, balls, shoulder pads) and I am willing to assume them. I am aware of the risks of participating in lacrosse events where there is risk of catching or spreading any pandemic or spreadable disease (ie: COVID-19, etc.) and I am willing to assume them. Accordingly, I release, waive, and hold harmless WYL, and each of these persons’ affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, coaches, trainers, doctors, officials, volunteers, organizers, sponsors, and all other persons, from all claims by me for any liability, injury, loss or damage in any way related to or arising out of my participation in lacrosse activities put on by WYL. I intend for this waiver and release to also apply to any next of kin, relatives, personal representatives, heirs, beneficiaries, or assigns who might pursue any legal action on my behalf or in connection with any injury to me or my child(ren).
3. Medical Emergency. I understand that WYL, will make every effort to notify the participants’ parent or legal guardian of a medical emergency involving their child. Notwithstanding this, as parent or legal guardian, I/we give permission to WYL, and its agents, to, at any time they believe an emergency exists, provide, facilitate, and consent to the provision of any first aid, doctor’s care, dental care, hospitalization, or medical care the participant may need because of an injury that the participant may suffer while participating in lacrosse activities I/we agree to be financially responsible for any medical bills incurred as a result of medical treatment provided to the player and understand that WYL, does not carry any medical insurance for participants. I understand it is my responsibility to maintain sufficient accident and medical insurance.
4. Compliance with Rules and Conditions. I willingly agree to comply with the customary rules and conditions of engagement for practicing and playing lacrosse at any location or facility as directed by WYL or its coaches. Such rules and conditions may change from time to time, if, however, I observe any unusual significant hazards during my or my child(ren) presence or participation, I will remove my child(ren) from participation and bring such hazard concern to the attention of an attending coach and then secondarily if possible a referee or facility employee.
5. Severability: Should a court of law determine part of this waiver be invalidated, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions in this agreement or void the document in its entirety.
I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CAREFULLY. I UNDERSTAND THESE POLICIES AND I AM SIGNING IT VOLUNTARILY. I UNDERSTAND MINE AND MY CHILD(REN) PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REVIEW THIS WITH AN ATTORNEY.
I certify that as parent/guardian of the player participating in WYL lacrosse programing and events, I consent to his/her agreement to be bound by each of the terms and conditions in this waiver and release. I also certify that I and my family are bound by each of the terms and conditions in this waiver and release.
Signature of Parent/Guardian
Print Name of Parent/Guardian
Print Name of child(ren) / Player(s)