Are you interested in smelly, gooey, icky and creepy things? If so, this is the program for you! Did you know most stinky things are chemical reactions? Or farts, snot and burps are healthy bodily reactions? Or how caterpillars disguise themselves as bird poop? We have tons of crazy, gross chemical reactions that you won’t want to miss! Get ready to learn the science behind all GROSS THINGS!
Each session is a live, INTERACTIVE on-line one-hour genuine Mad Science program with demos, activities, and your own easy to do hands-on experiment. Each student will receive a delivered home kit, with most materials needed for class (A few simple household materials are required)
Guidelines for Virtual Conferencing
o Instructors will create an invitation, with link, that will be sent to Weston Youth Services and then forwarded to parents.
o A password will be created for entry to class.
o Instructors will enable the waiting room feature. This offers a message to students who arrive early that they are in the right place and the instructor will arrive soon. The instructor then admits the students at class start time.
o Instructors will choose the option to mute participants upon entry. This will ensure that students are not chatting before there is an adult supervising.
o Instructors can mute a student or class if they are too disruptive when they are talking.
o Instructors will not record the session.
o Instructors will not take any screenshots during the session.
o Instructors will not enable the chat feature between them and/or the students.
For Parents and Students:
Here are the steps WYS WOW! Program is taking to ensure student comfort and safety:
o Our WOW! instructors are background checked and known to us from previous WOW! after school programs.
o Classes are setup so that audio is muted and video is off until the instructor is present in the video class. Once the Instructor turns on the video and audio, students will be seen and heard by the instructor and other students/unless parents or students choose to turn off their individual audio or video at any time.
o The email link to enter the video class will be sent to the parents’ email provided at registration. We encourage parents to be with the child when they enter the class, but they are not required to stay in the video for the class.
o The classes will be set up with a password and there will be a ding sound when a new participant enters the class. The instructor will carefully monitor participant count so that no unauthorized participants are in the class.
o As noted above, the instructors will mute audio, turn off video or even disconnect a student from the class if they deem it necessary.
o Parents and/or students will not record the session.
o Parents and/or students will not take any screenshots during the session.
o Parents should be mindful where your child is sitting and its background setting during the virtual meeting.
During the registration process, parents will be asked to check off a box indicating that they have read and agree to the following:
Video Conferencing Class Permissions
I give permission for my child to participate in Weston Youth Service WOW! Enrichment courses via video conference platform (Zoom) while enrolled in the Winter 2021 session. I understand that:
* My child’s WOW! Program instructor will be leading the video conference class.
* Students will be visible to other participants in the video call.
* Students will be able to ask/answer questions during the video call.
* Students and/or parents will have the ability to turn off their individual audio or video at any time during the class.
* Classes will NOT be recorded by the instructor or Weston Youth Services. Students and parents agree they will NOT video or record the classes.
* Instructors, Weston Youth Services, students, and parents agree they will NOT snapshot any pictures of the session.
* The instructor retains the right to mute or turn off any participant’s video, or disconnect a child from the program at any time if they deem it necessary.
* This registration is individual to each registered child. (If someone else is interested in participating in the class please refer them to our website for registration, or have them contact Charlene Monn, email@example.com)