Girls� hockey program in Rochester, New York, USA and the surrounding Monroe County region

My my My my
Please follow the instructions below if you would like to request a Player Release from a Rochester Edge team association.  The Rochester Edge cannot provide a release, it must come from the association that your daughter's team was assigned for the past season.

Player/Parent MUST possess a release approved by his/her current Association President prior to skating in tryouts, practices or games for new Association.


  1. If Player Release Form is approved, it must be presented at all tryouts and prior to committing to the new association.
  2. If Player Release Form is disapproved, player may not skate at tryouts of the new Association until the obligations, financial or otherwise are met or the appeal process has been undertaken.
  3. If player/parent wish to appeal disapproval of Player Release Form, they may do so by forwarding the Player Release Form to their Section President along with letter of appeal.
  4. If Section President upholds original Association’s ruling, player/parent may then appeal to the NYSAHA Board of Directors thru the State President.
Requests will be processed and mailed within ten (10) days of receipt providing all association fees are paid in full, the individual has no outstanding balance with the team and team has no outstanding bill with the league.
When the release request is received the request will be routed to the player’s current team as well as the organization treasurer. Once the players financial standing is verified, the original form will be mailed to the address provided (part one of the form).  
The original will be required for the player to participate in any activity with any other organization. Copies (fax included) are not acceptable.   Once a release is issued, the player can no longer participate in any association activity unless the original signed release is in possession of the player.
In accordance with New York State Amateur Hockey Association rules (, a Player Release Form is required from any player that did not play for the same association during the previous season.
NYSAHA Rule 7 A. states:
“When a player chooses to leave his/her association, they must complete a NYS player movement form. To obtain a release the player must complete the release form and deliver it to their home Association President. The home Association President must approve or deny the release within ten (10) days of receipt. This release must be presented and approved by the new association before the player is allowed to skate with the new association, including tryouts.”