Vestavia Youth Baseball Code of Ethics Pledge
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players above my personal desire to win.
- I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe play situation for my players
- I promise to review and practice the necessary first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth coach and that the game is for children and not adults.
The Youth Athlete Bill of Rights
- The right to participate in sports regardless of ability and the right to play every game.
- The right to play sports matched to each child's ability.
- The right to have qualified adult leadership.
- The right to play as a child and not as an adult.
- The right to play in a safe and healthy environment.
- The right to share in the leadership and decision making of sports participation.
- The right to proper preparation for sports.
- The right to be treated with dignity at all times.
- The right to have fun.