Travel Costs Payment Plans
Travel Payments Refund Policy
Travel Payments are non-refundable. The parent or legal guardian will be responsible for payments when due even if the player voluntarily withdraws from the club or any tournament or is discharged from the club by the Kraken Director.
Note: the reason we make travel payments non-refundable is so that we can protect the families that do travel. Someone pulling out after they made a commitment to join a Kraken VC team can have a large impact on the financial obligation of those that do.
Team / Coach Elected Travel
Kraken teams may elect to attend additional tournaments outside of the regular season schedule, including destination tournaments requiring travel. Some examples of a team elected tournament are post season competitions like the USA Volleyball Girls Junior National Championships, AAU National Championships, or the Volleyball Festival. If a team discusses the addition of a destination tournament, Kraken will do a cost estimate and then discuss with the team families. Depending on the team, a roster of at least 9 or 10+ players would be required in order to attend any team elected competition, (athletes from other Kraken teams may be invited to complete a roster for some travel tournaments. All travel quotes for team / coach elected travel will be completed on a sliding scale based on # of Krakens attending.
Travel Fees Include:
- Tournament Entry Fees
- Coach / Chaperone Airfare and Meals
- Coaching Staff Accommodations
- Coach Ground Transportation, Fuel, Insurance & Parking Fees
- Misc Addt'l Costs
- +++ Estimates are based on a team of 12-13 Athletes
Travel Fees Do NOT Include:
- Athlete airfare & accommodations
- Athlete ground transportation
- Food and Meals
- In-Room entertainment like movies, room service, etc
- Spending Money: tournament swag or non-tournament event attendance i.e. movies, entertainment park entry fees, etc
- Mischellaneous other expenses that are non-tournament related
Athlete airfare may be estimated for the purpose of the cost analysis, but families would be responsible for booking and paying for flights. If a group booking is utilized, Kraken will setup payment directly between the booking agent and the families.