THE GORILLA LAX CLUB EXPERIENCE
Below is a summary of the comprehensive training that each Gorilla player receives during a season which runs from September through July.
Gorilla Lax will field two teams at each age level to accommodate players from two geographical regions - Metro and North. Weekly training sessions are scheduled at a Metro (i.e. Newton, Wellesley, etc) and a North (i.e. North Andover, Haverhill, etc.) location. Players assigned to a Metro team are expected to attend training at the Metro site, while North players are expected to attend training at the North site. During the summer season, a “combined” session will be held weekly at a neutral site (e.g. Billerica, Lexington, etc.) for both North and Metro teams. However, Gorilla players from either team are welcome to attend both North and Metro sessions if their schedules allow.
Additionally, there will be an opportunity to be placed on an elite team which will include participation in regional and national tournaments. Previously, the Gorilla 2021 team traveled to Delaware and captured a title at the Liberty National Elite Tournament so we look forward to our teams continuing to shine on the national stage.
• Eight (8) weeks of Fall Training on weekends (September – October)
• One (1) Fall New England Tournament (October/November)
• Eight (8) weeks of professional speed and agility training (December – January)
• Four (4) weeks of winter lacrosse (TBD)
• Pre-season Mini Camp (June)
• Seven (7) to eight (8) weeks of summer training – 2/3 practices per week (June – July)
• Two (2) New England Summer Tournaments (June – July)
• Four (4) Team Bonding events (September – July)
• Professional Academic Advising & Support (Ongoing)
In addition to these program offerings, Gorilla players also have access to these supplemental and added-value programs throughout the year.
• Advanced and Specific Training Clinics (e.g. box lacrosse, shooting clinics, etc.)
• Fall College Road Trip (High School players only)
• Extra Fall, Winter & Summer Tournaments
• College Preparatory Seminars (High School players only)
• College Lacrosse Recruitment Seminars Led by Coach Ted Garber (High School players only)