Thanks for visiting the OYA Boys website. We hope that you can find what you are looking for. Our mailing address is PO Box 402, Orland Park, IL 60462. The OYA OFFICE is located at 10649C W. 163RD Place. We are on the side of the American Financial Funding building (big white building). Office Hours can be found in the Headlines Section of our Website, please check back often as days and times change weekly.
The OYA is looking for some umpires for the upcoming fall baseball season. We welcome all ages, but this is a particularly good opportunity for young adults who enjoy baseball, are responsible, and want to earn a few dollars.
Umpires work several games a week during August, September and October and must be in 7th Grade or older to be considered. New umpires receive training and start out at the lower levels (Maverick and Pinto).
The umpire application can be linked through the left column on the home page or by clicking HERE. Please complete the application and the umpire coordinator will contact you to discuss the opportunity and answer any questions. Games start approximately August 27th.
The O.Y.A. (Orland Youth Association) will be conducting its 2021 Orland Park Warriors Travel baseball Tryouts starting in July and running through September 2020.
The O.Y.A. is excited to announce tryout INFORMATION for the 2021 Orland Park Warriors Travel baseball season:
* Warriors teams generally play 40-50 games with one practice a week during a given baseball season.
* With Winter Training (Bo-Dome facilities & Cangelosi baseball trainers, Carl Sandburg coaches, Sportsplex and O.Y.A. batting cages), uniforms (multiple), tournaments and games. The approximate cost ranges from $1,500 - $2,300 per player depending which team team you are placed on after tryouts. The 12U teams cost is much higher due to the Cooperstown trip.
* We will form as many teams as appropriate based on the tryouts with each team playing at the appropriate level of competition. No spots are guaranteed, and opportunities are available for new players at all age levels. All rosters will be set by the O.Y.A. organization.
* PLEASE pre-register for tryouts on our web-site at www.oyaboys.org. ONLY players who register will have a chance to tryout. Each manager will reach out to All registered players to inform them of tryout information regarding Date, Field and time if NOT listed below. The O.Y.A. feels this process will keep everyone safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
* Alternate dates may be available, please e-mail the age group coach listed below to inquire.
* We have multiple bids to Cooperstown available at 12U The Tryout dates are as follows:
8U - Mike Madsen
* NOTE: We are currently seeking a manager and coaches for this age group. Mike will be coordinating the tryouts and we will determine the number of teams based off the turnout and talent. Please reach out if you are interested in volunteering. This year is unique because of the Covid-19 pandemic and cancellation of our Spring Rec season.
Tryout Date: Will take place late August or early September - TBD. Please register. Rainout Date: TBD
8U Eligibility: Players born 05/01/2012 thru 04/30/2013 and players entering 2nd grade.
9U - Mike Madsen
Tryout Date: TBD - Individual tryouts will be made by appt. Please contact Mike by e-mail or phone (708) 691-5466..
9U Eligibility: Players born 05/01/2011 thru 04/30/2012 and players entering 3rd grade.
10U - Kevin Palmer
Tryout Date: TBD - Individual tryouts will be made by appt. Please contact Kevin by e-mail or phone (708) 912-7924.
10U Eligibility: Players born 5/1/2010 thru 04/30/2011 and players entering 4th grade.
We hope this message finds you all safe and well in these uncertain times.
With the governor’s recent announcement that the Illinois stay at home order will be extended through the end of May, we as an organization are now faced with some very tough decisions. While the recently extended stay at home order is currently set to expire on May 30, it is expected that social distancing and limits on group gatherings will continue. We recognize that in a baseball playing environment, players and coaches are in close contact in the dugouts and share certain types of equipment. A gathering of a single baseball game including players and family spectators is roughly 50 people on average. A full slate of games at Centennial Park could produce gatherings up to 500+ people. We have kept these numbers as well as recommendations from our state and local government in mind while making our decisions.
It is with heavy hearts that we are forced to cancel the 2020 Spring Season of IN-HOUSE (Recreational) Baseball. While the board had internally created plans to start this season as late as June 1st, the logistics of starting up later than that simply don’t make sense for the league or for many of our players and their families. We as a board have decided that it is better to focus our efforts and our hopes towards playing baseball during the Fall Season.
We are hopeful that we may be able to expand our typical Fall Baseball Season. Our hope is that we are able to have this season start in August and go into October, possibly increasing the number of games and providing full uniforms.
With the 2020 IN-HOUSE Baseball Spring Season canceled you will be able to choose one of the following options:
· You can elect to receive a 100% credit for the full amount paid to use towards the 2020 Fall Baseball Season.*
· You can elect to receive a 100% credit for the full amount paid to use for the 2021 Spring Baseball Season.*
· You can elect to receive a 100% refund via check. (Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your request for this option).
*Should the 2020 Fall Ball or 2021 Spring Baseball Season fees increase compared to what you paid for the 2020 Spring Session, you will NOT need to pay the increase if you choose the credit option.
Should you elect to receive a refund via check please send an email to
requesting that refund. In your email be sure to include your name, the registered players name and date of birth, the baseball division the child was registered for as well as your mailing address. All check refund requests must be submitted no later than July 1st.
We are happy and fortunate to be able to provide full credits/refunds for the IN-HOUSE Spring Baseball program. As a Non-Profit Organization we will be stretched to our means to be able to provide these full refunds. Our hope is that you all plan to participate in either 2020 Fall or 2021 Spring Baseball. We ask that if you are able to opt for the credit to please chose that option.
We thank you for your ongoing support and participation in OYA Programs. All of us at OYA Boys miss our sports greatly. We can’t wait to get back out on the fields and see the smiles of our children playing the sports we have all come to love. In the meantime, take care of yourselves and each other. We hope to see you all soon!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.
The Village of Orland Park Parks Department has two options for you to verify the cancellation of baseball fields:
The 1st option is the NEW Rain Hotline Phone Number. The phone number is (708) 401-0043. In the case of inclement weather please call the Rain Hotline for up to date information on field cancellations. Please note the New Rain Hotline lists all fields individually and you must choose the appropriate extension to find out if your particular field is cancelled.
The 2nd option is to use the Rainoutline.com website and/or app. You will need to create an account to use this website. **This will be the fastest way to find out about field cancellations.**