We look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday! Training has been moved to 10am-11am for sessions on the turf at NH. Below you will find a welcome letter and important information for the clinic
Thank you and let us know if you have any questions!
Welcome to Highlands Field Hockey Club (HFHC)! We are thrilled that your daughter has decided to learn the game. We started the club in 2015 when our two daughters were playing in order to grow the game in Northern NJ. Since then, we have trained over 600 girls. In fact, 44 of the 41 varsity starters on the Northern Highlands Field Hockey team over the past 4 years trained with us. There are NO parent coaches and all of our coaches played at the high school varsity and/or college levels and received numerous accolades. They love imparting their knowledge of the game to youth.
Below is some important information for the upcoming April Training:
- The schedule can be found https://www.leagueathletics.com/Bulletins.asp?MyTeam=683470&org=HighlandsFieldHockeyClub
- All training will be held at Northern Highlands in Allendale on the turf field (or the grass field, if varsity sports need the turf).
- Please have the girls dress appropriately for the weather - layers are always best. Sneakers or turf shoes are the preferred footwear.
- Make sure your daughter brings water with her.
- The girls MUST wear masks when getting out of the car and walking on to the field, as well as leaving after practice.
In terms of equipment, all players must have a stick, mouth guard and shin guards (soccer shin guards are fine). Goggles (lacrosse goggles are fine) are optional. Here is a link to some starter packages on sale that you may consider - https://www.longstreth.com/Stick-Packages/products/1080/ Make sure to disregard the wood sticks, as composites sticks are what the girls should use. The stick length is based upon the player's height.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask! We look forward to meeting the girls from 10:00m-11:00am on Sunday.