Welcome back to the softball season! Spring season is a little shorter and slightly different for schedules so please read the below info.
Pre-season practices will run all of March, weather permitting:
- Thursdays, 5- 6pm (we will move to longer practices once daylight savings kicks in or as daylight allows) at Northridge Elementary School field.
- Saturdays, 2- 4pm at Redstone Park, Red Rocks Field (we played games on this one last year for a couple weekends I think).
Our practice schedule will change in April to two weekdays. I don’t have that schedule, nor locations yet. Those fields and times will be assigned in the coming weeks.
For weather cancellations, I try to make the call at least 1 hour before the start of practice. I will always email and/or text cancellations through the Warriors site/app. You can update emails or add contacts by logging into and adding guardians on the Warriors website.
If you haven’t already, you can join or update (logout and log back in) the app for scheduling updates or connecting with the rest of the team. If you need to download the app, you can find the link on the top left of the Warriors site.
Games are scheduled to begin in April. Spring games could be Friday, Saturday or Sunday or a combination of days on a weekend. You’ll see those added to the calendar once the schedule is ready.
We will have new uniform shirts this year. You already paid for the shirt during registration. I will have samples at an upcoming practice. I will place your order on your behalf as part of the team order. You don’t need to go into the Warriors Field House for these like you did in the past.
COVID-19 guidelines are still in place from last season. A few reminders:
1. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear face masks when practical.
2. Social distancing is required- no sharing food, no sunflower seeds or spitting, no use of dug outs and no sharing of equipment (except balls and catchers gear, which we do clean). Players will space out their equipment outside the dugout/behind the fences. I try to structure practice to distance when we can.
3. Hand sanitizer should be used at the beginning of practice. We will wipe down any equipment throughout practice/games. Players are encouraged to use sanitizer during practice as needed. I will have this available for all to use.
4. Parents must commit to assessing their player before practice. Anyone with any symptoms should stay home. I am required to ask all players about symptoms at the beginning of practice. Symptoms include those with a cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.
5. Parents may only watch if there is less than 25 people at the field. You must social distance.
6. Everyone must leave the field immediately at the end of practice.
The Warriors and Highlands Ranch officials will periodically check in to ensure we are complying - and I will submit logs regularly to attest to the guidelines.
I will schedule a parent’s meeting before/after one of the first practices so we can cover some of this and I can answer your questions.
As always, I look forward to seeing the girls continue their progression this year. I expect this will be a fun, but challenging year as we introduce new aspects of the game. This will be quite a different season than our last one, but I know our athletes will step up.
Thanks for your continued support!