Dear Wayland Soccer Parent,
You are receiving this email because your son has been selected to play on TEAM MAROON (MO-81) (Wayland Boys Grade K) for this spring season. The team coaches are:
- Mike Mayzer – 781-775-5557; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jared Menke – 949-705-8356; email@example.com
We are excited to get started! Our goal this season is to instill a love for the game; good teamwork and sportsmanship; and fundamental soccer skills. Above all else, we want your child to have fun, keep active and possibly make some new friends!
There is a lot of information to follow, please take the time to read/review everything thoroughly.
TEAM ROSTER (listed alpha by last name):
- Barnowski, Tate
- DelVecchio, Francis
- Fleming, Avery
- Mangiafico, Abel
- Mayzer, Chase
- Menke, Charlie
- Pena, Johan
- Weber, Calvin
- Yardibi, Alp
- Season begins on Saturday, April 10th
- Every Saturday, 10:00 - 11:00 AM at the Wayland Middle School (fields in back of school – if facing the school in main parking lot, up the hill and to the right)
- Typically, 30 minute practice, 30 minute game
EQUIPMENT (to bring with you every practice and game)
- Shirts will be provided at the field on opening day
- Size 3 fully inflated soccer ball with your child’s name written on it. Note -- for FIRST-TIME kindergarten players a new ball will be provided on opening day. If receiving a new ball, please bring a sharpie with you to write your child’s name on the ball. If your child has previously played in the WAYS program they will NOT be receiving a new ball -- please bring your own).
- Shin guards are mandatory (with socks that fully cover the shin guard)
- All players should wear weather appropriate, athletic clothing
- Masks, over ears, are mandatory (no gaiters please!)
- Cleats are optional but recommended
- Water bottle with your child’s name on it
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- We will email the team with important updates and reminders. If there is another person you would like us to add to the email distribution list, please let us know.
- Please reply to this email so we can confirm that we have a working email address for you.
- Orange Duty:
- Due to the pandemic, we will NOT be bringing oranges (or other food) to share.
- Inclement Weather Policy:
- We do not cancel soccer solely due to rainy weather. If the fields are not playable, WAYS will cancel intramurals.
- Notification of cancellations due to inclement weather will be posted at www.waylandsoccer.org by 7:30 AM Saturday mornings.
Please contact us with any questions and/or concerns. We look forward to kicking off this season and seeing everyone soon!
Mike and Jared