To Parents and Players,
The coaches wanted to pass along possible summer opportunities for you to potentially take advantage of to maintain/hone your lacrosse skills. We understand that this crisis is continuing and each of you need to make your own decisions whether it is safe enough to start activities like this or not - we would like to just make you aware of those opportunities for you to consider.
When we discover more opportunities, we can send those out as well. Please note that if you want more information on either of these activities, please reach out to the points of contact in the messages as these are NOT Patriot Lacrosse Activities.
Here are the two opportunities for you to consider:
1. Blue Label Lacrosse: Here is the message that Blue Label sent out regarding small group training they are offering now:
From: BLUE LABEL LACROSSE
Subject: Girls small group training
Hello everyone. We want to send out the message to everyone that we are starting to offer small group training for girls. Our initial schedule is as follows:
- Monday & Tuesday 11 am - 12 pm & 5-6 pm (at John Venezia park) (starting - 5/18) - Monday night will be at Bear Creek Park by Cheyenne Mtn.
- Tuesday & Thursday 11 am - 12 pm (at Rockrimmon Elementary soccer field)
- Wednesday night 5 - 6 pm (at Mary Kyer park)
We are using sing sign up genius to help us understand who might be interested and to help you all understand which coaches will be there.
Depending on who all is interested, we can add other sessions. In addition to Coach Nic, Keli and Marc, we have 2 additional coaches that are working with Blue Label. Both are 2 time DII National Champions. Kali Maxwell, current AAHS Girls varsity coach played at CW Post (now LIU Post) and Marissa Brown, Pine Creek assistant coach played at Adelphi. We are very excited to have them be part of our team. BL Waiver Forms May 2020 v2.docx
We cannot have more than 9 girls and 1 coach. Face masks are highly recommended for many of the activities and we're all to respect social distancing standards. Attached is a waiver that we are requiring each individual have their parents sign before participating. Most drills will be passing, footwork, and/or shooting. If we are to play defense on each other, then masks will be required.
The sessions are $25 for Blue Label players ($30 for non-BL players). Cash or check is acceptable for payment. We will offer a discount for signing up for 4 sessions in a row (buy 3 get 1 free).
We look forward to seeing you all on the field again!
2. Field Hockey Opportunity - Field Hockey can be a good "cross-over" sport with Lacrosse. Below is an email from Liberty HS's Field Hockey coach
From: Jessica Nerkowski <
Subject: Liberty Field Hockey - Virtual Interest Meeting
I hope you staying safe and healthy and managing as best you can during these times. Liberty Field Hockey is gearing up for this summer and fall, and we hope to see you soon! In the meantime, here is the first of many updates to come as we approach our fall 2020 season. Also, please feel free to share this information with whomever you may be interested in learning more about the program!
Virtual Player Interest Meeting May 27, 6 p.m.
Liberty Field Hockey is hosting a virtual player interest meeting to provide details about optional summer programming and the upcoming fall season Wednesday, May 27 at 6 p.m. Please join us to meet the coaches and learn about this great opportunity! During this meeting we will cover:
- Basic introductions
- Communication channels
- Summer activities
- Fall key dates, expectations and registration
Link to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting May 27. You will also receive a calendar invite to access the virtual meeting. I like forward to meeting you soon!
Sign up to receive text notifications
I have already added you to our interest email list and will use this as the primary communication to keep you updated on field hockey events. Additionally, if you would like to receive text notifications announcements please
- Text @lhsfh2020 to 81010 or
- Sign up on remind and download the mobile app
- Enter rmd.at/lhsfh2020 in your phone browser
- Follow sign-up instructions, you'll be prompted to download the mobile app
New players: why you should try field hockey
I know field hockey is very strange or very new to most of you, but here are a few reasons why I think you would be great new addition to our program whether you decide to attend Liberty or another D20 school:
- All but three players on our 2019 team started playing field hockey in high school, about a quarter of our players never played an organized sport before joining our team
- We have sticks and basic equipment to get you started, low initial financial investment
- Often our players find great success in the first two years. We’ve learned if you’re willing to trying something new, work hard and be a good teammate, you will be very successful in our program.
- We are a no cut team and structure our practices to intentionally integrate our JV and Varsity programs
- At any grade or level on our team, you have the opportunity to apply and be part of our leadership council -- which helps us coaches make decisions and guide the team throughout the season.
- We’re a fall sport that compliments well with all other sports! Our team consists of soccer players, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track and field, dance, former gymnasts and former volleyball players.
- We love our athletes playing multiple sports and clubs and work with you to accommodate other activities (99% of the time) such as club sports, theatre, student council and other school programs. Just come talk to us!
- Our team consists of players from five D20 schools; it’s a great way to meet new friends!
- We have an experienced coaching staff including Coach Teryn – a two-time NCAA Division I champion and former assistant coach at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
I look forward to meeting you!
Head Field Hockey Coach
an Academy District 20 School
I hope you all stay safe,