As most of you already know, the Lamar County School District has announced they will close schools through April 17th, 2020. As we stated before we will follow the actions of the Lamar County School District. Therefore, there will be no practices or games during this time. We understand teams have had very little practice and no practice in the 13-15 year olds. We encourage players and parents to get out in the yard and practice. Also the fields and cages are still open during daylight hours for you to take your player there and practice. We just cannot host organized practices for teams during this time. The field lights are not permitted to be turned on during this time. No Exceptions.
As of right now, we are planning for all teams to get a practice in on Saturday, April 18th, 2020. All coaches will need to go by Play It Again Sports prior to that practice to pick up their team uniforms so they can hand them out during this practice. From there, we will move directly into games on Monday, April 20th, 2020. Unfortunately, there will be no opening day this year. The season will continue for 5-1/2 weeks through May 26th, 2020. The end of the season tournament will be held on Saturday, May 30th, 2020.
As for the 13-15 year old league, there will be no tryouts this season. We will assign the players to their team and the coach will be in contact with you within the next couple of weeks. You will need to take your child to Play It Again Sports to get fitted for their uniform by Friday, April 3rd, 2020. Games will begin the week of April 20th, 2020.
We hope to get through all of this soon, but the safety of all of you and your children is our primary concern. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Practices to help prevent the spread of Coroavirus:
1. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as frequently as possible. You should scrub your hands for 20 seconds or more when washing.
2. If you or your child is sick, stay home and keep them home. Do not go out in the public.
3. Make sure your kids are not drinking after other kids.
4. Keep hands out of mouths, noses, and eyes.
5. Make sure you and your children cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with your bent elbow or tissue paper.
6. Maintain Social Distancing. Maintan at least 6 feet from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
7. If you have fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing you need to seek medical attention immediately. Please contact your physician or one of the local hospitals and tell them your symptoms that you have and that you think you may have the Coronavirus. They will instruct you how to proceed from there.
With the acceptance of the Safe Sports Act, it is now required for all Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches to participate in Abuse Awareness Training. In addition, coaches are still required to complete and submit their OGAA Coaching Application, which allows us to conduct background checks.
Click Hereto complete your Free Abuse Awareness Training Course and Print your Certificate. (You must register/create an account)
Click Herefor instructions on how to complete the training.
(Once you have completed your online course, please email your certificate to Paul Pickett at email@example.com)