Schedules are probably the most
important pieces of information you can put on you site; most visitors will come
for them. Schedules are visible to the public by individual teams. Each team
will have its own listing showing just their games and practices with dates,
times, locations, opponents (if any), and comments. Games that have changed
since a visitor's last visit are shown in red to distinguish them. Schedule
changes can be automatically emailed to all affected team members and their
parents whenever they are made if you so designate on individual team forms. See
"Schedule is Live
" in the previous "Teams" section. You can also publish
your schedule incrementally through dates you specify on individual team forms.
See "Schedule Through
" in the previous "Teams" section. Note that in the
following documentation, the generic word "Event" refers to any kind of game or
Before you can start creating your schedules, you must complete the following
- All leagues must be defined. See the Leagues chapter earlier in this document.
- Teams must also be defined for the coming season. See the Teams chapter earlier in this document.
- Facilities must be entered with at least their name, city, and state. See
the Facilities chapter earlier in this
Once the above have been completed, you're ready to begin entering your
schedule on the site. To this end, there are several tools at your disposal:
- A yearly calendar where you can select events for
editing by date.
- A weekly calendar where the master schedule is
displayed for an individual week. Individual events can be selected for
editing or deleting from this schedule.
- The Event Information form where you actually define or edit the various aspects
of an event, such as date, times, location, and the teams involved.
- Recurring event generator that can be used to create a series of regularly
scheduled games or practices.
- Facilities schedule report that list all events for a particular facility.
This is useful for determining if a facility is over- or under-booked.
To create your schedule, you'll typically begin by entering events via the
Event Information form or the Recurring event generator. These tools are
described in detail in the following chapters.
2012 LeagueAthletics.com, LLC. All rights