REGISTER HERE for the 2023 BVL Boys Spring League.
We encourage you to check our FAQ page before proceeding with this registration: 2023 Spring FAQs
US LACROSSE: All registrants must have a valid US Lacrosse membership valid through May 31, 2023. This is a condition of our insurance provider, and a requirement for participation in BVL. This registration will redirect you to the US Lacrosse site first to obtain membership if necessary.
If you have any issues with US Lacrosse membership, please email email@example.com-- this will not prevent your son from playing with us this spring. Membership cost is $30 annually.
TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: Parents will be notified of team placement, coaches, practice days and locations no later than Wednesday March 1st. Practices will begin the week of Monday March 6th or the week of Monday March 13th- we are waiting for BVSD to determine whether we will be permitted to practice March 6th- 10th.
TEAM FORMATION: Teams will be formed on the basis of GRADE and experience level.
Beginning players are welcomed and encouraged to play with us. They will be assigned to teams appropriate for their experience level.
Parents should read this page on our website for more details about how players are assigned to a specific team: BVL Team Formation
PRACTICES: Practices will begin the week of Monday March 6th or the week of Monday March 13th- we are waiting for BVSD to determine whether we will be permitted to practice March 6th- 10th. Most teams will practice at Manhattan Middle School or another location in Boulder.
Head coaches will determine practice days and location-- we cannot promise to assign players to a specific practice day or location. Teams will practice twice per week.
POTENTIAL GAME DATES: Home games are played at East Boulder Community Park and Manhattan Middle School in Boulder. All teams will travel for away games to locations including Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Evergreen, Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor.
- Saturday April 1
- Saturday April 8
- Saturday April 15
- Sunday April 16
- Saturday April 22
- Saturday April 29
- Saturday May 6
- Saturday May 13
- Sunday May 14
- AYL CHAMPIONSHIPS for all teams: Saturday May 20th or Sunday May 21st. Teams will play on only one of the two dates.
SPRING BREAK: Some teams may choose to hold optional practices during BVSD Spring Break (March 27th- 31st). This will be determined by head coaches on a team by team basis.
GAME SCHEDULE: Game schedule will be released by the AYL no later than Wednesday March 15th and emailed to parents at that time. Teams will be scheduled for 7 regular season games. Makeup games will not necessarily be scheduled in the event of games cancelled due to inclement weather.
UNIFORMS: All players MUST HAVE a Boulder Lacrosse game jersey and game shorts.
Players who did not play with us in spring 2022 MUST order a full uniform as part of this registration.
Players who played with us in spring 2022 are strongly encouraged to purchase a new uniform, as players generally outgrow uniforms after a year. Uniform cost is $40 for game jersey, $35 for game shorts. Our uniforms are American-made, in Denver, Colorado by Stylax Sportswear. Uniforms will be distributed directly to players at a practice in late March or early April, before the first game.
UNIFORM SIZING CHARTS:
UNIFORM SIZING SESSIONS: We will hold 2 uniform sizing sessions at the Sport Stable in Superior this winter, where you can bring out a player to try on sample jerseys and shorts for purposes of ordering.
- Sizing sessions will be held on Sunday January 8th and Sunday January 29th, 430pm to 600pm
- Sport Stable is located at 1 Superior Dr, Superior, CO 80027.
- Parents of new players should use the sizing chart above to make your best estimate on sizing. If in doubt, order in a larger size rather than smaller- particularly for jerseys, which must fit over shoulder pads.
- Parents of returning players should check sizing of last year's game jerseys and shorts before ordering or declining to order, as players commonly grow out of their previous year's uniform!
- Parents can changed order size online by logging into your account (EDIT MY ACCOUNT tab) and “editing” the registration, then saving by clicking “SUBMIT”
EQUIPMENT: Players must provide their own equipment. We have a very limited supply of equipment which may be available for loan to new players. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Boys must have a boys lacrosse stick, helmet, gloves, shoulder and elbow pads, a cup, and a mouthguard.
- Hockey gear is acceptable for new players. Hockey helmets must have a 4 point strap and be NOCSAE approved. Hockey gloves are not recommended as they are too stiff for lacrosse use.
- We recommend Dick's Sporting Goods for lacrosse gear. See coupons for Dick's Sporting Goods on our website, and save the dates of February 24th- 27th for BVL Shop Days there. Boulder Lacrosse members will save 20% on all in-store purchases then, not just on lacrosse gear.
COST: Boys registration fee is $320 plus uniform through January 31st. Cost will increase $25 on February 1st.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: New uniform, AYL league fees, AYL Championship tournament fees, referee costs, practice field rental and maintenance, team & league equipment (goals, balls, clocks, goalie equipment, etc.), coaching expenses and background checks, and program administrative costs.
WAIT-LISTED PLAYERS: Unpaid registrants will be wait-listed if payment is not received within 48 hours of registration. Team limits have been set for all grades in the system- once a grade is full, players will be automatically wait-listed and may not be guaranteed placement on a team. We DO NOT RECOMMEND that you delay registration or payment as teams in each grade will fill up.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships are available to qualified families, please contact email@example.com to make a confidential request.
DONATIONS: Please consider making a donation on the online registration form. 100% of our donations are used to fund scholarships for BVL players. Boulder Valley Lacrosse is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible.
QUESTIONS? Please check our FAQ page before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Cost: $320.00
Late date/fee: 02/01/2023$25.00
Open to: Boys
In Grades: 1 to 8 for 2022-23 School year