Game play is regulated by NFHS Boys Lacrosse
Eligibility Recognizing that the primary purpose of student life is academic achievement, and to underscore the importance of continuing academic progress, students participating in the Hampton Roads Lacrosse (HRLax) League must be enrolled as a student in good standing at the school they attend. To that end, the HRLax League hereby establishes the following requirements for League participation:
• Each student participant must be enrolled as a regular bona fide student in good standing at the school he attends.
• A “regular” student is considered a full-time student who is in regular attendance and is carrying a schedule of subjects which, if successfully completed, will render him scholastically eligible for school athletic participation the ensuing semester.
• A student is permitted to take course work outside the high school building provided he is enrolled in the high school, is working toward a diploma at this high school, and is eligible in all other aspects.
• Any student who is under penalty of suspension, or whose character or conduct is such as to reflect discredit upon his school, is not considered in good standing.
• Each student participant must have passed a minimum of five classes that may be applied toward graduation the previous semester. [Or for those schools on a block schedule, passed a minimum of 75% of classes the previous semester.]
• The student must be in the last eight semesters of high school beginning with entry into 9th grade for the first time.
• Certification of eligibility must be made by an advisor, counselor, administrator, or authorized staff member of the school.
I would like to ask for a waiver to a rule or policy, is that possible?"