BOCH BLAZERS MISSION STATEMENT
The Boch Blazers Hockey Club aspires to be an outstanding hockey organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
• Is coached using the Principles of Positive Coaching
• Has fun playing the game
• Learns the skills, tactics, and strategies of the game of hockey and improves as a player
• Learns "life lessons" that have value beyond the hockey rink
We recognize that the coaching staff has the greatest influence towards achieving these goals. We strive to provide every coach with the tools to be a successful positive influence on our players. We are committed to creating a supportive environment where coaches, parents and players work together to achieve our mission.
Parent's Code Of Conduct
1. I pledge that the Boch Blazers team will be my child’s primary hockey team for the upcoming season. As such, my child will attend all planned practices and skill sessions unless prevented by illness or other personal reasons. If missing any of the above, an effort to inform the Head Coach will be made in a timely manner.
2. I pledge to make every effort to arrive at practices, skills, games, and tournaments in the time set forth by our Head Coach.
3. I pledge to refrain from yelling out instructions to my child. I understand that is the coach's job. I understand that games are chaotic for children trying to deal with fast-paced action and responding to opponents, teammates and coaches.
4. I pledge to use positive encouragement with my child and use the 24 Hour Rule in discussing practice and particularly game performance.
5. I understand the importance of setting a good example for my child. As such, I will show respect for all involved in the game including coaches, players, opposing fans, and officials.
6. I pledge to refrain from making negative comments about my child’s coach in my child's presence. I understand that this plants a negative seed in my child’s head that can negatively influence my child’s motivation and overall experience.
7. I pledge to speak in an appropriate manner to the coach for any reason regarding my child.
Player's Code of Conduct
1. I will attend every practice, skills session and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
2. I will be on time for each practice, skill session and game.
3. I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
4. I will wear the Boch Blazers hockey uniform while participating in any Boch event, including practices and skill sessions.
5. I will treat my coaches, teammates, and opponents with respect.
6. I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I will sometimes disagree with their calls.
7. I will do my very best in school.
8. I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.
9. I will respect the Boch Ice Center and any other facility that I attend with the Boch Blazers program.
10. I will not use vulgar or obscene language at anytime while participating in a Boch Blazers practice, skill session or game.