Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Board Members Present: Pete Gerardi (Co-President), John Hissick (Co-President), Trevor Sides (Treasurer), Erin Crowley (Secretary), and Bob Walker (CHC Representative). Thank you to the parents who were able to attend.
• Hockey Director will be updating teams and sending info to the respective coaches.
• Pete has reached out to Wallingford Hawks regarding Bantam players for the B team, and also to Northeast Ice Dogs regarding their Pee Wees.
• Cheshire Sports was selected by BOD vote to provide Whalers uniforms. A date is being established for uniform fittings.
• Emails will be sent to new Whalers players for jersey number selection prior to the uniform fittings.
• The feedback regarding participation in Summer skills session was positive, allowing the cost to stay at $125.
• A committee needs to be established to assist in planning.
• Tournament will be invitational.
• Levels being offered, as well as scheduling, are still being discussed.
CHC Report (Bob Walker)
• Bob provided CHC Declaration Rules for the new ranking system that will be utilized in place of Tiers to all in attendance.
• To date two parents have expressed interest in the role of Master Scheduler.
• No one has expressed interest in the Registrar Position. Mike Soderlund will continue in that role until someone expresses interest.
Treasurer Report (Trevor Sides):
• Payment continues to be sought from families who have outstanding tuition due from the 2015-2016 season. Little progress has been made since the last BOD meeting in collecting outstanding tuition.
• Payment is also being sought from families who have not yet paid their playerʼs commitment fee.
• There was discussion regarding the past debt owed to Champions, as well as credits owed to the Whalers by Champions and the CHC. • It was discussed that significant fundraising will need to occur to off set operating costs. A fundraising committee is being established.
• Trevor will ensure 503c letter is posted on the web site. This letter could be provided to people/businesses who make donations.
• A motion regarding late fees was tabled.
• Board members will review the most recent by-laws to determine what is still pertinent to the organization. By-laws of other organizations will be reviewed as well.
• Jack Reardon has offered to assist in drafting the updated By-laws.
Next BOD meeting will be held on 6/7/16 at 7pm.