Memorial Day 2022 TOURNAMENT RULES and INSTRUCTIONS
8U DIVISION MP: 46/60: Machine Pitch(Rules not covered in this section)
8U DIVISION KP: 46/60: Kid pitch
9U DIVISION: 46/60: Kid Pitch
10U DIVISION: 46/60: Kid Pitch
11U DIVISION: 50/70: Kid Pitch (w/ leads)
12U DIVISION: 50/70: Kid Pitch (w/ leads)
13U DIVISON: 60/90: Kid Pitch (w/ leads)
14U DIVISION: 60/90: Kid Pitch (w/ leads)
WEATHER RELATED REFUND POLICY:
Play 0 official games: 100% credit; 85% refund
Play 1 offical game: 75% credit; 50% refund
Play 2 official games: no credit or refund
A valid COI must be submitted in advance of each teams' first game. COI's should list the following as additionally insured:
GREATER MANASSAS BASEBALL LEAGUE
E.G. Smith Baseball Complex
9651 Godwin Drive
Manassas, VA 20110
Age divisions of each player are determined as of April 30, 2022. There are no age waivers granted for this tournament. No exceptions.
It is the responsibility of the coaching staff to carry birth documentation for all of the players on their roster at all times during the tournament. Birth certificates, passports, Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League ID cards, state IDs or any other government issued documents are sufficient (must list full name and birth date).
Age verification can ONLY be requested by opposing manger or tournament representative. Parents cannot protest the ages of other players.
If the team is unable to provide sufficient documentation, the team will forfeit the current game with a score of 7-0, and will not be permitted to start another game without the appropriate documentation.
Managers may request the age verification of players on another team, only before or during a game AGAINST THAT TEAM. Age verification may not be requested after a games' conclusion. A tournament representative may request documentation at any time.
GAME PLAY FORMAT:
Bracket Play- No new inning start after 1 hour and 45 minutes (no drop dead) for 8U-12U
No new inning start after 2 hours (no drop dead) for 13U-15U
NO NEW INNING/DROP DEAD TIME LIMIT FOR CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Must be a winner / Higher seed is home team / No time limit in Championship game only
Home Team gets third base dugout, visiting team gets first base dugout. Home team is designated on the PDF schedule.
*Exception – if team is playing the following game on same field, they may stay in same dugout.
* There should only be a total of 2 minutes between innings (last out to first pitch). Have your pitcher and catcher ready. No meetings on the way out to the field.
* Start Times- Game will start when 1st pitch is thrown. Coaches should agree at start of game with ump. Teams must be ready to play up to 30 minutes before the start time unless you are the first game of the day.
* All teams should check in via email no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, 5/26. The check in email should include your complete roster with jersey number, name and date of birth. It should also include your Certificate of Insurance (COI). A representative from your team can pick up your game balls for the weekend at the check in table at GMBL.
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND FORMAT:
Depending on the number of teams, some teams only play a consolation game on Sunday. Review the schedule to determine this.
There will be a slaughter rule in effect. There is no per-inning run limit for ANY age division (except machine pitch).
15 runs after 3 innings (2 ½ if home team is ahead)
10 runs after 4 innings (3 ½ if home team is ahead)
8 runs after 5 innings (4 ½ if home team is ahead)
8U – 12U- 6 innings for entire tournament allowed (8 innings if team is playing in championship game)
13U-15U- 9 innings for entire tournament allowed (11 innings if team is playing in championship game)
* One pitch thrown in an inning counts as an inning pitched
*Once a pitcher is removed from that position he MAY NOT return to the game as a pitcher (even in the same inning).
* You can divide total innings amongst games however you would like
* Present Pitching Affidavit at home plate conference (get signed after game)
* If coach fails to present completed pitching affidavit at plate conference that team may only be allowed to pitch each pitcher a maximum of 2 innings per pitcher.
* Managers may request the pitching affadavit of another team, only while pitcher in question is the pitcher of record. Affidavits may not be requested after a games' conclusion. Only an opposing team's manager may request documentation.
All games in pool and bracket play will become official after the team that is behind bats 4 times. If a game gets canceled prior to that happening the home book should track how much time is left in the time limit for when the game resumes. It will resume exactly where it left off.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS / BATTING ORDER:
A team may start with either 9 or 10 (with EH) or the entire roster in the line-up. Once the game is in progress, a team may play with as few as 8 players due to injury, however, any vacated spot in the batting order will be an out each time it comes up in the game if the team falls below 9 batters. No team may drop below 8 players in the lineup.
Teams may elect to bat 9, or 10 (with EH) or the entire roster. All players in the batting order will be considered a part of the line-up and they can substitute freely on defense. Players cannot play defensively unless they are in the batting line-up. The EH will be treated like any other defensive position for substitution rules. Any batter not in the lineup to start the game MUST be subbed in for a dedicated player, and take their position in the batting lineup. Those players are then married. The starting player can re-enter the game ONCE. The substitute player cannot re-enter the game once removed.
PLEASE NOTE: Each player is only allowed to be rostered on ONE TEAM entered in this tournament. If it is discovered that a team uses a player rostered on more than one team, both teams will forfeit each game that the player appeared in.
Courtesy runners are allowed at anytime for the pitcher or the catcher of record. You must use any player not currently in the batting order or the last batted out if batting the entire lineup.
Head-first sliding allowed at all bases.
If there is an injured player and the team has no eligible subs the opposing coach will select which player will enter the game.
Forfeits will go down as 7 – 0 in the record.
1 per defensive inning or 2 for the game (per pitcher) without a change.
- ANY USABAT OR ANY USSSA BAT WITH 1.15 BPF MARKING WILL BE ALLOWED FOR 8U-13U. Wood bats allowed in all divisions. USA & USSSA decertified bats will not be allowed. 14U-15U MUST USE BBCOR DROP 3 BATS OR wood bats.
- Metal cleats are allowed in 13U-15U only. Metal cleats are not allowed on the portable mounds.
- No noise-makers allowed. Umpire will warn offending team once. Second violation will result in manager ejection.
- 8u-12u no slash bunting allowed(i.e. Fake bunt then swing. Result regardless of contact or not is dead ball, runners return, batter is automatically out)
(a) Won-loss record; 2 points for win, 0 for loss, 1 point for tie
(b) Head to Head (if applicable)
(c) Runs allowed
(d) Runs scored
(e) Coin toss
*Please note that you are asked to make every effort to field a team for each game. If you fail to field a team you will forfeit the game. We will award 2 points to a team that is forfeited against, scoring zero runs allowed and 7 runs scored. The forfeiting team will be awarded zero points, 7 runs allowed and zero runs scored.
The winning team must report the score IMMEDIATELY after the conclusion of the game. Scores are to be reported by the winning team by email to:
There are no protests in this tournament. The umpires ruling shall remain final in all scenarios.
Good sportsmanship is always expected. Our umpires will strictly enforce the rules of good sportsmanship. If a manager/coach/player is ejected from the game, he will automatically be suspended from the next two games. If a parent is ejected from the field or complex, his player is also ejected. Both are suspended for 2 games.
The complex is a drug/alcohol/tobacco free complex. Any violation of this will result in IMMEDIATE removal from the complex by the individual for the remainder of the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS. Mangers are responsible for making their team parents aware of this.
There are no grills, or open flames allowed on the complex.