The CWP Board is looking for two parents to serve as additional Board members. Currently we are at 3, and we’d like to increase that number to 5. Ideally, we’d like to have representation from the 12U and 14U age groups, as our current Board members are parents of 18U and 16U players.
The two new positions would be Secretary and Communications. Duties as follows:
- record the minutes of all CWP Board meetings
- maintain records of any committee meetings
- provide for the safekeeping of all official contracts and club records
- help develop marketing strategies
- help develop recruiting strategies
- manage CWP Social Media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc..)
If you are interested in being part of the team that manages Capital Water Polo Club’s growth and development, please contact Coach Miras.
Reminder for Florida tournament on November 14th and 15th
All players need to arrived in Florida by Friday nigh , November 13th.
The first games will start as early as 8am on Saturday.
We are very excited about the upcoming Battle of the Bay Tournament which will be held in the Tampa-Clearwater-St. Petersburg area. Please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our Team Registrar Craig Lauinger at
***As of today, our three teams (18U, 16U and 14U) are scheduled to compete at the Long Center in Clearwater. This could change, depending on how many teams register for the tournament. There is a possibility that the 14U teams could get moved to Northshore in St. Petersburg, or possibly even a third pool location. We will let you know if there are any changes to locations. Game times will be sent out as soon as we receive them.
You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Capitol Water Polo
Start Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020
End Date: Monday, November 16, 2020
Last Day to Book: October 15, 2020
Fairfield Inn & Suites St Petersburg North for 119 USD per night
Just small corrections from my last email.
3. Players who would like to purchase a cap ask Coach Miras. THIS IS A SWIM SILICONE CAP not a water polo cap. THIS CAP IS NOT REQUIRED. Players with long hair may choose to wear a cap, but it is not required.
-The last item on team store is” Holloway Adult Arc Polo”. THIS SHIRT IS ONLY FOR COACHES
Hello Capital families,
Welcome to a new season. Given the extraordinary circumstances that COVID has placed on all of us, we will use Kap7 as the only team gear provider. This will allow you to make and pay for your purchases which will be mailed to me directly. I will sort and distribute the team gear. Regardless, you will enter your own address at check-out. You DO NOT need my address. The team order will be mailed to me en masse as it saves you processing fees.
1. Players are required to have a Capital team suit and tee for competition.
2. NEW for 2020-21 Season -new team suit design! ( you may still use the old suits with our team logo)
3. Players who would like to purchase a cap ask Coach Miras- $12.
3. Store closes at midnight. You must order your gear. DO NOT procrastinate. This is not flexible.
4. We hope to have at least the suit and tee for players traveling to the FL tournament in Nov. but there are no guarantees.
I do have some team gear for sale including last year’s version of the team suit- limited sizes.
Email me if you’d like to purchase our team Tervis Tumbler for $24. It is 20oz. and has cap so kids can use at practice too.