Delaware Lacrosse Academy announces "THE ACADEMY" beginning this Fall for Youth Boys for U9 through U15 age groups.
Our mission is simple - “Development” of the entire lacrosse player - proficiency with skills and techniques and strong knowledge of all aspects of the game. Through this our goal is to help make lacrosse stronger in the surrounding schools, programs and communities.
Too much emphasis has been placed on "playing club" and not enough on skill development for younger players. Young players need a focused learning environment to increase and hone fundamentals while mastering basic techniques. Sound fundamentals and techniques prepare players for advanced strategies and level of play. In the Academy system, players will learn the proper way to play as an individual and in a team system. As players learn and show proficiency, they will be challenged to continue to achieve success by learning higher level skills and techniques.
- Develop new players by teaching proper skills and techniques from the start so they do
not develop bad habits. Help these players to advance to intermediate level skills and
- Test intermediate players on working on all aspects of their game from off hand
development and basics of the game to more challenging skills, strategies and
- Challenge advanced players to continue to strengthen all aspects of their game. Teach
these players high level skills, strategies and techniques and provide situational play for
these players to work towards applying them to their game.
The Academy will be a "system" based teaching platform - making sure that the individual player masters all skills and strategies in order to move to next set of skills and strategies.
Our philosophy of ”Teach Not Tell” will help with the learning curve and the greater understanding of playing at a higher level. Our players will learn everything they can about all aspects of the game. Better understanding equals a shorter read and react time creating the ability to play faster. The Academy will help your son to become a smarter, faster player.
The Academy environment will be a fun, safe learning environment for players to learn “college level” skills and strategies and to learn how to apply these skills and strategies in a challenging practice environment to help players to practice how they should play - as fast as they can without sacrificing skill and technique.
Playing at a faster and higher level combined with college level techniques and strategies helps players to read game situations, make assessments and decisions and apply proper, learned technique to instantaneous reactions that are practiced and refined within the program.
Tuition Fee: $275.00 per player.
Academy Players receive:
- Player Evaluation on first day - Sunday, September 7th
- Player Report Card to track progress in session and to track development moving forward.
- Ten Sunday 2 hour practices beginning Sunday, September 14th thru November 16th (weather permitting).
- "College Level" coaches with position-specific expertise.
- "College Level" techniques and strategies for optimal growth, development and understanding.
- Games and game-like situations in every practice. Although this is a teaching based program, it is important that playing is a key part of development.
Coaching during play helps players better understand the game while helping them apply new skills and strategies. Competition will be an integral part of the program.
- Player stick evaluation - Players need the right stick and for it to be strung properly.
Coaches will evaluate each player's stick(s) and make recommendations on what needs to be done to help make the stick(s) catch, throw and shoot properly.
- DLA Player Practice Uniform (shorts, shirt and reversible).
Silverbacks Lax partners with the Delaware Orthopedic Sportplex
Silverbacks Lacrosse has partnered with the Delaware Orthopaedic SportsPlex organization www.delawaresportsplex.comas the exclusive Lacrosse organization providing skills, speed and agility training and Indoor leagues for boys and girls from the lacrosse community in and around the great Newark area.
The Delaware Orthopaedic SportsPlex is conveniently located at 326 Ruthur Drive in Newark, DE. This is a new adventure for both organizations. We are looking forward to this exciting partnership to offer Indoor Lacrosse activities to boys and girls over the Fall and Winter months – readying them for spring competition.
We look forward to your participation. If you have any questions regarding the Delaware Lacrosse Academy activities please feel free to contact Christian Zwickert at or with the Silverbacks Lacrosse/Delaware Orthopaedic SportsPlex partnership please email me at to answer any question you may have.